I help you to reach the French market
As a trained translator with strong intercultural competence, I overcome language and cultural barriers on a daily basis. I possess:
- exceptional attention to detail
- superior organizational skills
- verbal and written communication capabilities.
I can work well both independently, as well as part of a team, and I axcel in fast paced environments with tight deadlines.
This is how I would describe my work style
I do not stick on the source text structure; it is annoying and sometimes risky. All I care about is the message and compliance with the jargon.
Cultural MediatorTranslation is a communicative activity that involves the transfer of information across linguistic boundaries. Nelson Mandela once said:
If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.
Thank to my strong knwoledge of French, English and German cultures, my main aim is to is to ensure that speakers of the target language do not realise that the text has been translated.
I am excited about these new developments with the translation technology I use
I think there hasn’t been much movement with technology related to finding and hiring freelance translators. I am extremely excited for Zingword.
Problems with current technology include
- Job boards are not great. They force translators to duplicate each other’s work, and they encourage price dumping.
- It’s hard to distinguish yourself. It’s actually easier on LinkedIn, but LinkedIn is not designed to actually staff translation projects.
- Outdated design just isn’t getting it done.
Things I love about Zingword
- I can really express myself and distinguish myself on my profile.
- They keep the quality high for everyone on the platform.
- The clients find ME. There is no job board.
Willfrid a professional translator delivering quality work within requested deadline. We have collaborated on a 50 000 words project.
|Language||Software & App||Video Games||Literary & Creative|
|ENGLISH > FRENCH (FR)||€0.09per word||€0.09per word||€0.09per word|
|GERMAN > FRENCH (FR)||€0.10per word||€0.10per word||€0.10per word|