The Multicultural Translator
Having been in love with the art of languages as long as I can recall, I felt blessed for having a chance to live overseas for eight years.
While pursuing a BA in English, and later on an MA in English, I enrolled in a couple of translation- and interpretation-related modules for a total of two years.
Furthermore, with the rising number of migrants in Taiwan, translating and interpreting in order to help became both a joy and an identity for me. It is also thanks to these opportunities I had opportunities to communicate and build relationships with people from different cultural backgrounds, such as European and Latin American countries.
Selected Translation Projects Participations
- Multilingual Baby Care Tips: A Project to Help Southeast Asian Mothers in Taiwan
- Analysis of Pili Puppet Shows’ Terms of WuXia and Translation Difficulties
- Foreigners’ Perspectives Toward Taiwanese Operas’ English Subtitles
Let Me Write With You…
- I translate with my brain and heart, and spice it up with creativity. I believe that a good translation is a form of applied art: it combines logic for effective communication and feeling for a harmonious result. As a translator, this is something I’d ensure to deliver to you, my distinguished collaborator!
- An avid reader, I have not only a vast knowledge in different topics but also a chance to keep improving my writing skill by learning from other writers and translators. Coupled with my hobby to challenge myself, it undoubtedly boosts my translation quality.
- I’m a quick learner, a fast worker, responsible, and trustworthy. Letting someone down is something I detest, and I make sure that a valuable collaborator such as you are happy and satisfied to work with me!
This is how I continue my learning in my area of expertise
I have been teaching foreign languages since 2014, both part-time and full-time. In tutoring, I don’t teach my students how to excel in tests, but rather how to apply the languages they learn in multiple areas of expertise, such as:
- tour-guiding and museum-guiding
- writing absorbing short stories
- composing proposals for different events
- producing logical and creative sci-fi stories
- organising and hosting festivals and charity programs
As an associate professor of the Department of English at Wenzao Ursuline University of Languages, I work with many students who have substantial knowledge of English. I have known Rosa for 4 years as her homeroom teacher, translation teacher, and graduation class teacher. In my class, she had demonstrated outstanding academic performance compared with the whole class and maintained a clear sense of purpose. Although English is not her mother tongue, she mastered English writing and showed a much better performance than her peers. She also joined a research writing competition and gave a very formal oral presentation and won a prize. I was her advisor and very proud of her. She was also the most diligent student in my class, always asking questions and seeking my advice. I believe that she will be a great asset to you and show her great translation skills.
|Language||Literary & Creative||Subtitles||Tourism & Living|
|ENGLISH > INDONESIAN (ID)||€0.20per word||€0.20per word||€0.20per word|
|INDONESIAN > ENGLISH (GB)||€0.20per word||€0.20per word||€0.20per word|
|CHINESE > ENGLISH (GB)||€0.11per word||€0.11per word||€0.11per word|
|CHINESE > INDONESIAN (ID)||€0.11per word||€0.11per word||€0.11per word|
|ENGLISH > CHINESE (TW)||€0.10per word||€0.10per word||€0.10per word|
|INDONESIAN > CHINESE (TW)||€0.10per word||€0.10per word||€0.10per word|
|SPANISH > ENGLISH (GB)||€0.07per word||€0.07per word||€0.07per word|
|SPANISH > INDONESIAN (ID)||€0.07per word||€0.07per word||€0.07per word|