● English ↔ Spanish freelance translator with over 9 years of experience. I mainly work as an independent contractor with Japan-based translation agency Gengo. Fluent in both languages, computer-savvy, highly resourceful, and a diligent worker.
▪ Native Spanish speaker born and raised in Latin America.
▪ Over 1,400,000 words translated.
▪ Bilingual. Advanced andup-to-date knowledge of the English language. High verbal fluency.
▪ Selected as a preferred translator by more than 40 customer accounts.
▪ Scored 115/120 in the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).
▪ Advanced Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking skills in both Spanish and English.
▪ Worked four Winter seasons in the United States (16 months total).
This is how I would describe my work style
▪ In every position I’ve ever held—be it dish washer, food runner, cashier or porter—, I’ve always taken pride in doing my job as best as I can, and then some. Translation is no different; once I’ve finished my translations, I will go over them again and again until I’ve made sure they’re the best they possibly can. I always do a good job because I care about doing a good job. You will be hard-pressed to find this kind of work ethic anywhere else.
▪ Being a tech-savvy 90s kid has given me the experience and the know-how needed to do exhaustive research online, which allows me to accurately understand and translate jobs in an extremely wide array of topics.
|Language||Subtitles||Tourism & Living||Marketing & Advertising|
|ENGLISH > SPANISH (LA)||€0.03per word||€0.03per word||€0.03per word|
|SPANISH > ENGLISH (US)||€0.03per word||€0.03per word||€0.03per word|