Humans for the win!
You don’t want to risk your customer’s satisfaction and your sales.
You need a translator capable of understanding and clearly conveying the cutting-edge technology of your products.
That’s me, Pedro Serra.
Proper Tech Training
I’m always interested in the “how” and “why”. I love tech and health and these topics steered my solid formal training:
- BSc in Biomedical Sciences
- Master’s (MEng) in Electrical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
I’m curious by nature and I believe in the changing power of technology, provided its use is accompanied by clear and accurate information. That is my mission: to provide Portuguese translations with a natural reading tone and reliable information.
Adequate Translation Experience
- 13 years in the translation industry and APTRAD member
- More than 3 million translated, reviewed, and localized words for user interfaces, product labeling, instructions for use, marketing, and video content in:
- Education and science communication
- Medical Instrumentation
- Health and well-being
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Software and Games
In my spare time, I’m also an Acrobatic Gymnastics coach: I teach children with 6+ years and their smiles prove that my messages get through. As the president of the club, with 7 coaches under my guidance, my time management skills are also honed.
Want to reach out in other channels?
As a writer in my native language, this is how I would describe my style
I aim to have my texts with a Flesch–Kincaid score below 65 to ensure their readability and natural tone. When the texts are more technical I prioritize their scientific accuracy.
My professional methodology for a standard translation project is
Communication is paramount for the success of our partnership. First things first:
- Clarification of the translation’s subject, budget, deadline, and tone;
- Thorough reading of the documents for translation, clarifying any unclear terms (directly with the client or through research);
- Translation of the document with the help of a translation memory manager and a grammar tool;
- Proofreading of the final file, ensuring the file’s readability and accuracy;
- Delivery of the file within the deadline.
|Technical & Engineering
|Medical & Pharma
|ENGLISH > PORTUGUESE (PT)