Master in Translation Studies student (graduation due: August 2023), English-Italian
I am currently completing an MA at the University of Birmingham and my expertise lies in:
- technical texts translation
- literary non-fiction genre
- corporate/business reports
- educational and SEN texts
- post-editing and revision
- technical texts also from Spanish or Portuguese into Italian and English
- Subtitling: I have gained excellent experience using CaptionHub to create subtitles for TED Talks.
My experience so far
I have extensive experience working as a project manager and in administrative roles for the past 20 years.
In 2015 I started working with a local publisher in Italy, Lo Studiolo Edizioni, and am currently working on a few translation projects for them; these include two literary fiction texts, and one scholarly work.
The MA has provided me with excellent knowledge of current translation theory and how to apply it to achieve translation of the highest standard. So far, I have demonstrated an advanced level of linguistic competency and excellent cultural understanding throughout my course, averaging a distinction grade across the assignments completed until now (4 out of 6).
Reasons to let me solve your translation needs
- I am enthusiastic, keen to learn and to research varied topics and concepts
- I enjoy working collaboratively with others on translation projects.
- I am very meticulous, with a focus on accuracy and able to work efficiently to tight deadlines.
Feel free to visit my website: paroleritrovate to learn more about me
|Language||Business||Technical & Engineering||Literary & Creative|
|ENGLISH > ITALIAN (IT)||€0.08per word||€0.08per word||€0.095per word|