Graduated as an English<>Spanish translator
I finished university at the end of last year and received my tittle at the beginning of this one (2022).
I have looked for every possibility of working in the areas related and so far I have had the opportunity of working in MTPE, audio and video transcription and translation, and recently I got accepted as a freelance subtitle translator, but haven’t had the chance yet to work on it as such.
I translate literature
- I have always been passionate about everything related to literature, and I even used to be a writer myself (never become famous or published anything though).
- I have worked in MTPE with Chinese novels translated into English and then Spanish.
- And I have also translated books resumes and book covers for online websites, and I worked on a second version for a philosophic book.
I also dedicate to subtitling translation
- My biggest hobby is to watch movies and series and I obviously watch them in their original language, therefore I have always checked in detailed the subtitles and I found a big interest in making them possible for others to comprehend movies and enjoy them in their original language as I do.
Finally, but not less important, I work in video games localization
- So far, I haven’t had the chance to work in many projects of this kind, but I would really like to acquire experience.
-I have made courses that have taught me a lot about the topic and different programs to use in order to deliver an excellent product.
-And I obviously enjoy playing video games, so I have the passion for the job, which is always a plus.
This is how I would describe my work style
Even though I do not have much experience as a translator, I always give my 100% in order to deliver what the client expects.
- If I’m not an expert in a subject, I look for all the strange words to make sure the vocabulary is accurate and the information I am delivering is how it was supposed to be.
- I work hard to finish hours before the deadline, so I can re check and so can the client.
- I am always open to communication, so the client have the chance to give me more detailed instructions in case they feel like it and I can have that in mind from the beginning.
|Language||Literary & Creative||Subtitles||Video Games|
|ENGLISH > SPANISH (CL)||€0.40per word||€0.50per word||€0.45per word|