Who am I?
I am a professional translator, editor, proofreader and game localization specialist (from English/Spanish to European Portuguese) with 9 years of experience (6 of them in-house). I only translate into European Portuguese, as I believe translators should only translate into their native language.
My experience as an in-house translator has provided me with an extensive knowledge on several CAT and QA tools, such as Trados Studio, MemoQ, Memsource and xBench. I am also very familiar with the QA/QC procedures carried out by most agencies, which allows me to provide high-quality translations, while reducing the amount of follow-up steps necessary before the final delivery.
• Machine Translation Post-Editing
• Linguistic Quality Assurance
• Gaming and e-sports
• Gambling and iGaming
• Healthcare/Life Sciences/Medicine/Pharmaceutics
Other areas of work:
• Beauty and Cosmetics
• Legal Documents
• IT and Software
• Technical Manuals
• Tourism and Travel
This is how I would describe my work style
• I never subcontract work;
• I never miss a deadline;
• I only translate into my native language;
• I always proofread, spellcheck and QA my work;
• I try not to guess. I ask questions;
• I only accept projects from domains I am comfortable with;
• I invest in Continuous Professional Development (CPD);
• I have advanced knowledge in more than 10 CAT Tools;
• I have several years of in-house experience,
Mariana is a great linguist and a true professional. Projects are always delivered on time and she displays a true attention to detail. Highly recommend her services!
Mariana is one of our most trusted vendors. She is always willing to help when she has time, no matter how big or small the project. Her projects are always delivered on time and the quality is excellent. She is also very honest when it comes to her own specialisations, and will not accept projects if she cannot ensure high-quality translations in a certain field.
Mariana is a pleasure to work with. She is always on time and thorough in her work. I recommend her services for your EN>PT needs.
Collaboration with Mariana was smooth and I can highly recommend outsourcing creative translation work for her.
|Medical & Pharma
|Software & App
|ENGLISH > PORTUGUESE (PT)
|SPANISH > PORTUGUESE (PT)