- Irish born, I lived in London for 12 years before moving to Barcelona in 2005. During my time in London, I worked in financial services and for a media association.
- In Barcelona I put my language skills to work and decided to study translation. After a couple years I sat the Chartered Institute of Linguists Diploma exam (now certified)
- I’ve been working full-time as a freelance translator since 2007.
- Over the years I have been building on my experience in areas that give my life and my work meaning - projects aimed at protecting nature and the environment and improving people’s lives.
To support you in your efforts to bring about positive change in the world. To help you get your message out to English-speaking audiences, to help you communicate your project, your services, your products, etc. – to be your go-to translator for Spanish or Catalan to English.
What I offer
- 15 years’ experience in the translation industry
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- Flexibility to adapt to your needs
- Excellent communication and responsiveness
- A professional, friendly person to work with
- Someone with a genuine desire to make a positive impact
Areas I work in
- Corporate sustainability
- Sustainable smart cities
- Environmental protection
- Renewable energies
- Nature conservation
- Human rights
- Social projects
- Equality and diversity
- Animal welfare
What I translate
- Corporate documentation
- Press releases
- Studies/research reports
- Social media content
- PowerPoint presentations
- Marketing and events material
- Mobile applications
This is what motivates me to do my best work
My motivation comes from the passion I have for the content I translate, to know that my work will help my clients achieve their goals and will contribute to improving the planet and people’s lives.
This is how I manage terminology consistency in my area of expertise
I use a Computer-Assisted Translation (CAT) tool for my translation work. This ensures the consistency of the terminology used throughout the text and allows me to create a termbase that I can use for future projects with the same client.
I also use a proofreading and editing tool that detects any orthographical errors, inconsistencies in terminology, extra spacing, etc.
This is how I continue my learning in my area of expertise
I make an effort to stay up to date with news and developments in my specialist areas of sustainability, environmental protection and social projects. I subscribe to relevant newsletters, take courses and webinars to further my knowledge and skills, and attend relevant conferences and trade fairs.
As a writer in my native language, this is how I would describe my style
I adapt my writing style to the type of text I’m translating - whether formal or informal - and to the target audience. The main objective is that the translated text reads naturally, that it does not look like a translation, and that the register is appropriate for the intended reader.
I also take into account the intended purpose of the text. If it is a marketing text aimed at persuading the reader to buy a product or a service, then my writing style will be more creative and the language I use will be targeted toward the type of audience that might buy that particular product.
Hemos realizado nuestras traducciones de packaging y varios trabajos web con Lisa. Destacamos la puntualidad en la entrega y el valor aportado en la adaptación del estilo de la comunicación.
We have worked with other translation providers but Lisa is undoubtedly the best. She shows excellent attention to detail, even spotting any errors and inconsistencies in the original texts in Spanish and Catalan. She asks questions where necessary, which inspires confidence. She demonstrates great skill in translating different types of texts and styles – websites, studies, policies, marketing content, etc. I highly recommend her!
|Language||Business||Marketing & Advertising||Tourism & Living|
|SPANISH > ENGLISH (GB)||€0.10per word||€0.10per word||€0.10per word|
|CATALAN > ENGLISH (GB)||€0.11per word||€0.11per word||€0.10per word|