This is how I solved a recent terminology, style, or linguistic challenge
I was working on an extended project about mediaeval religious architecture in France with a team of three other translators, and the texts involved a lot of obscure terminology.
I found a mediaeval architecture glossary online, converted it into a glossary and shared it with my colleagues, to make sure no-one had to spend any more time looking things up and we delivered a consistent translation to the client.
This is how I solved a recent recent technical challenge on a translation project
I won a new client who had already translated a lot of their material but had done so internally, so they had no translation memory, glossary or anything.
I went on their website and found that they had about 1500 pages available in both French and English, so I downloaded all the pages in both language versions and aligned them to form a TM. This gave me an extensive language resource right from the start of the project.
We used to work with Keith during many years (I’ve sold the company in November 2019). We always could rely on his professionalism, high quality and big output. Keith was one of our most regular translators.