Spanish to English Translator
I’m a native English speaker, with a high level of Spanish and specialist translation training.
In other words, I can take your Spanish texts and communicate your ideas and information flawlessly in English.
A food and retail expert!
One of my specialisms is the food industry/ retail, I am especially passionate about sustainability and ethical business practices!
- My work experience at Hotel Chocolat has made me passionate about translating for this sector having received CPD training about ethical business practices, and food safety, allergens, and recycling procedures.
A sport, dance, and fitness enthusiast!
Another area that I specialise in is sports.
- My role as an administrator within a University sport department gave me further insight into, and knowledge of, the sports industry. Prior to this I spent three years spent as an award-winning university dance coach.
- I have dedicated years of study to have both a linguistic and cultural awareness of the source language (Spanish) and the target language (English). This means that I am able to truly understand the author’s intentions and the purpose of the text, and can then communicate these ideas in English to an audience with different cultural expectations.
- As a native English speaker I can truly tailor your texts to your UK target audience. No global English or unnatural grammar mistakes.
- I am a kind and enthusiastic worker, putting my clients needs at the forefront of all I do.
What services can I offer you?
- Spanish to English translation
- Proofreading (checking a translated tex- MTPE (machine translation post-editing - some text types can be run through a machine translation software and then this output is edited. Please contact me for more information as this service is not appropriate for all texts!)
- Transcription of English audio files
Masters Level Study - DISTINCTION!
I taught Katie on the Leeds University MA in Translation. She was an excellent student, always producing high quality translations and to deadline. I would recommend her. The only reason I gave her 4 stars rather than 5 is that she is obviously still in the very early stages of her career and her already good-quality work will undoubtedly improve to excellent and 5 stars as she gains in experience. Katie is also a pleasure to work with, friendly and personable and efficient. I don’t think anyone would regret using her translation services.
|Language||Tourism & Living||Business|
|SPANISH > ENGLISH (GB)||€0.08per word||€0.08per word|