The best of both worlds
I am an English teacher in France with a Master’s degree in English literature and grammar added to a few years speaking English daily for work and hobbies.
- Multiple registers of language, common, literate, high-standard or street level, decide on the tone you want !
- Being a teacher is sometimes tough, but one great thing is that I have plenty of time for my customers !
Content I translate
Video game User Interface (UI) and Texts
I have worked on several projects in the field of video games such as the Unofficial Translation of Mount & Blade Warband and a few The Elder Scrolls (Skyrim) Mods language packs.
Websites and Guides
I have translated several (if not whole sections) of Wondershare’s Filmora website and their Dr.Fone application. This and some other guides (User manuals, how-to and tutorials of several products). Those were done French to English and vice-versa !
Reports and Essays
With my education and university background, I’m capable of translating your hard work respecting the necessary models and frameworks.
3 Reasons to hire a teacher as translator
- A plethora of skills - Students always come in for translations and proofreading on so many subjects that I’m almost sure you can’t find one I haven’t done some research on !
- Quality of the language - I’m always looking for the smallest mistake at work and I will do the same for you.
- Short weeks and free hours during work - Giving me more time to work on your project and to answer any of your questions, offering a quick translation with communication.
This is how I continue my learning in my area of expertise
I usually am curious about any field possible, be it sports, cooking, high-end science or industrial patterns. I’m usually on the hunt for new knowledge to acquire
My two methods
- Roaming the web and books to discover new subjects or deepen my understanding.
- Listen to my students and their favorite subject is always enlightening, if I can’t be everywhere looking at everything, they can.
My professional methodology for a standard translation project is
a multi-draft self-proofread method. Usually, I do a first draft to roughly translate the ideas in the project. Then a second one, often overwriting the first one, with added care on the tone or style wanted. Then a (hopefully) last one, focusing on eliminating every last mistake and verfying the idioms and terminologies.
|Language||Literary & Creative||Software & App||Video Games|
|FRENCH > ENGLISH (GB)||€0.05per word||€0.05per word||€0.05per word|
|ENGLISH > FRENCH (FR)||€0.05per word||€0.05per word||€0.05per word|