Hi! I’m Janice, a German translation specialist from Switzerland, who helps you communicate with your German-speaking audience.
I translate, localise & transcreate from English and Dutch to German and Swiss German, specialising in the following areas:
- Advertising and social media campaigns
- Marketing materials
- Magazine articles
- Travel guidebooks
My goal is to help you position yourself successfully in the German-speaking world, gain the trust of your audience, and thus build new sustainable client relationships.
Together we can expand the reach and increase awareness of your company, brand and/or products in the German-speaking market. I can translate your message in a clear and effective way, without losing your identity or any of your ideas.
WHY WORK WITH ME?
- Bachelor of Arts in Translation
- Working with Trados, Transifex & MateCat
- Marketing and tourism specialisation
- Swiss precision & punctuality
- Copywriting skills
Drop me a line at email@example.com to discuss a project or get a FREE quote today.
My professional methodology for a standard translation project is
1. Read: first of all, I read the source text to get a general understanding of it and identify any elements I’m not familiar with.
2. Research: I do some research to explore these elements. This also includes the company’s or brand’s website to get a feel of who they are and how they communicate with their audience.
3. Translation: the core part of the process. I feed the source text into my CAT (Computer Assisted Translation) tool, which divides it into small segments. I translate every single segment without losing sight of its context.
4. Proofread: I review the target text and keep an eye on the source text. I want to make sure my translation reflects the original meaning.
5. QA: Finally, I look at the accuracy of the target text. It has to sound natural in the target language and be independent of the source text.
I worked with Janice on a long-term project that sadly had to come to an end. Janice was a brilliant collaborator, high-quality German translations (validated externally to be of great quality) were delivered in a very timely manner. Beyond this, though Janice really threw herself into the project and delivered value beyond the original contract, supporting the rest of the translation team, developing guides and workflows to make the project run smoothly. Hopefully, we can reconnect on another project soon :)
Janice was a delight to work with on our large-scale translation project. Janice was professional, engaged and in constant communication to ensure that the translation was of the highest standard. Janice provided an exceptional translation that was contextually relevant, and went above and beyond by completing milestones ahead of the required deadline. I would not hesitate to recommend Janice for any German - English translations and will be in touch for any future translation requirements!
Janice translated various case studies and articles for Creative Supply and was involved with the translation of our new website. Her proactivity, sense of responsibility and rich vocabulary convinced us right from the start. It’s always a pleasure working with Janice!
Janice’s work is of the best quality! This job was not easy, with a lot of different translations, from different channels and platforms. Janice managed to complete this task with an efficiency that I’ve never seen before! She’s also very generous of her time and always available if we have other requests. I will definitely work with her again in the future!
|Language||Marketing & Advertising||Tourism & Living||Software & App|
|ENGLISH > GERMAN (CH)||€0.15per word||€0.15per word||€0.15per word|
|DUTCH > GERMAN (CH)||€0.15per word||€0.15per word||€0.15per word|