Born, raised and educated in the US, I’ve lived in France for forty years, so a true dual culture.
I’ve been a technical and commercial translator from French to American English since 2005 and have recently branched out into the translation of fiction novels.
Before that though, I worked in the construction industry with two family-owned shops for nearly twenty years giving me experience both in the industry and in management.
I also was an English trainer for companies in Normandy, so I learned all about production techniques in pharmaceutical laboratories, in auto component companies and in Schneider Electric.
Content I translate:
- business documents
- technical specifications
- documents related to the hospitality industry
And I can’t wait to translate your documents!
This is how I manage terminology consistency in my area of expertise
I make sure I take enough time with each translation and always use a CAT tool (memoQ for me) to ensure terminology consistancy.
As a writer in my native language, this is how I would describe my style
Relaxed and transcreational when required, strict when required.
This is what motivates me to do my best work
New documents, doing research to find the most appropriate terminology and best way to convey your message.
I am excited about these new developments with the translation technology I use
- CAT tools (memoQ pro for me)
- The ease of finding a wealth of information and terminology on the internet
- Seeing my publications online :)
This is how a client recently inspired me
- Fiction books - a new challenge, making sure that American readers understand French references. I currently have a dozen or so books translated from French to English available on Amazon, plus as many institutional books or catalogues for museums.
Jacquie a traduit mon roman du français à l’américain et a travaillé de façon très professionnelle, je suis ravie du résultat.
Je la recommande pour de futures traductions.
|Language||Business||Tourism & Living||Technical & Engineering|
|FRENCH > ENGLISH (US)||€0.10per word||€0.10per word||€0.10per word|