I specialise in game translation
English-to-Spanish game translator and localization specialist with over 10 years of experience. I have a BA in English Studies with specialization in English Literature, from Universidad de Cádiz, Spain. I also have an MA in Translation and New Technologies with specialization in videogame localization, from Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo, Spain.
I can translate and adapt your game into Spanish and the Spanish market, since I can offer my expertise translating games where different linguistic variants are used, such as English accents or dialects. I can translate them into Spanish without sacrificing the original tone of the characters without neutralizing them into standard Spanish.
Besides, I highly value the use of inclusive language in Spanish, since it is considerably a more gendered language than English, it is easy to fall on the use (or overuse!) of the male voice in the Spanish translation when the original wasn’t intended to be exclusively addressed to a male audience.
• Videogame localization
• Trados Studio 2021
• DéjàVu X3
• Microsoft Localization Studio
• QA Distiller
I really look forward to working with you!
Drop me a line at:
And don’t forget to visit my website:
This is how I manage terminology consistency in my area of expertise
Consistent terminology in any translation project is key to produce a highly efficient translation that would read natural to the target audience. I make the best use of Translation Memories and Term Bases.
Problems with not using translation memories
- Inconsistency in tone and voice. A translation is the voice of a company; failing to keep a consistent style will be counterproductive as the audience might not recognise your brand.
- Faster and more efficient. As a translator, I get to work faster and more efficiently, which translates in better results and deadlines for clients.
Benefits of using term bases
- Keep terminology consistency by using the right term when necessary.
- Improve translation quality by keeping consistency.
- Speed up the translation process by saving much research time once the term base has ben set.
Ismael has a great attitude towards work. He delivers the project on time and the quality of the project is quite good.
|Language||Marketing & Advertising||Subtitles||Video Games|
|ENGLISH > SPANISH (ES)||€0.09per word||€0.09per word||€0.09per word|