I am a French native living in Sweden, working full-time as a freelance translator and reviewer for almost 4 years now. I have so far translated or reviewed around three million words, mostly from English to French, but also from Swedish to French, in all kinds of fields and for five main clients that have followed me along the years.
Lately, I was asked by one of my clients to do subtitling for them, and I loved it! I would like to get the chance to do subtitling for more clients.
Prior to my career as a freelance translator, I worked in leadership positions at different headquarters of the home-furnishing company IKEA, both in France and Sweden, using English and Swedish daily in an international environment. I was there actively taking part in worldwide business and interaction with our suppliers, retailers and end customers.
My professional methodology for a standard translation project is
- I read through the whole text to get a hint on the subject, the tone of voice and the difficulty level.
- I visit the client’s website in the source language. For me, it can be either in English or in Swedish. There, I catch the tone of voice, the atmosphere, the level of formality and technicality, the choice of words, the focus of the client.
- I check if there is a French version of that website. If so, I look for the words, expressions, lingo and pictures to see what universe I need to adapt to.
- I read the client’s instructions in the assignment about style guide, tone of voice, glossary to use, character limits, etc.
- Time to start translating! I first make a rough translation (but faithful to the source).
- I proofread it segment by segment against the source text.
- I upload the file in its final format, read it through and fine-tune the translation.
I am excited about these new developments with the translation technology I use
I see Machine Translation as a help, a partner, not a competitor. It helps me focus on the creativity, the fluidity, the localisation and the French touch of my copy while I am happy to rely on the MT’s factual knowledge.
I am not too worried that IA is going to replace human translators, I am looking forward to taking my skills on an even higher level as IA is more and more taking care of the “grind”.
As a writer in my native language, this is how I would describe my style
I am a chameleon! My translation’s style is my client’s style: from very formal for official texts to the use of “tu” in relaxed contexts, I adapt and do it all! That said, I have in the past refused assignments where I felt that the contents were too far away from what I am or stand for, for instance texts that address children or teenagers, or contents about the joy of playing online casino games.
Isabelle always delivers high-quality work and meets a deadline.
I hereby confirm that Isabelle Rodriguez has been collaborating with our company as a professional freelance translator since October 2019.
During this time, Isabelle has translated
approximately 763447 words from English and Swedish to French in various subject fields with positive results. In her work, Isabelle has confirmed his language knowledge and has shown
professionalism, flexibility and responsibility.
Our team has had positive experiences from this collaboration, and she has become a valuable member of our community of freelance translators.
Please feel free to contact me if you require any further
I could highly recommend Isabelle. I have consulted her services several times and she is always very friendly and smooth to work with and always deliver in a timely manner, and also delivers first-class translations. I will continue my cooperation with her and recommend her to all who want first-class translations from Eng/Swe to French.
In my experience, Isabelle is a highly skilled and dependable translator. She also has great communication skills and asks questions when it is needed. She has a very professional approach and is extremely knowledgeable with regards to linguistics. I highly recommend Isabelle for any translation work from ENG-FR.
|Language||Business||Marketing & Advertising||Tourism & Living|
|SWEDISH > FRENCH (FR)||€0.07per word||€0.07per word||€0.07per word|
|ENGLISH > FRENCH (FR)||€0.07per word||€0.07per word||€0.07per word|