English to French translator, 25 years experience.
Voice-over, creative writing.
• Art, history and art history: being as well an artist, I am particularly interested in translations for museums, historical sites, exhibition catalogues etc. (Painting, medieval book, parchment, pigments, calligraphy, heritage)
• Environment and biology: I hold university degrees in that domain and have worked for several years selling various devices and chemicals for laboratories and industry.
(Environment, MSDS, botany, cosmetics, safety, PPE, geology)
• Water sports: a large part of my work over the years has been related to scuba diving. (Diving gear, swimming, water sports, angling/
• Local government policies: since 2014 until 2020, I have served as deputy mayor of my city and borough councillor. This is an invaluable
field experience that I’m now putting to good use for my translation work as well. (Institutional, government, administration, policy, heritage
preservation, water policies, land use)
• Automotive and engineering
• Photography: I am a keen photographer and this is also a family tradition since the 19th c.
• Press releases: I have worked for the French press as a freelance journalist and I am quite familiar with the style and requirements of this industry
• I’m also offering voice over and phone greeting services. Ask for samples.
|Language||Arts & Culture||Literary & Creative||Social Sciences|
|ENGLISH > FRENCH (FR)||€0.12per word||€0.12per word||€0.12per word|