I specialize in subtitle spotting and subtitle translation
I have a BA in Modern Foreign Languages and a MA in Audiovisual Translation. I started my career in 2020 and since then I have mainly focused on subtitling: I have experience in both subtitle translation and subtitle spotting.
Content I translate
So far, I have subtitled TV series for different online streaming platforms and both short films and feature films for different Italian film festivals, such as Ischia Film Festival and MalatestaShort Film Festival.
Reasons to hire a professional subtitler
If you are an English-speaking or Spanish-speaking director looking to submit your film to an Italian film festival, you’ve come to the right profile.
Here’s what you can expect when working with me:
- Accuracy. I am a very precise person with a keen eye for detail.
- Adaptability. I make sure my subtitles convey the original message.
- Timing. I make sure subtitles aren’t too short or too long.
More about me
I love learning new things, and for this reason I’m currently specializing in technical translations as well (software user manuals and safety manuals).
I am passionate about photography, and for this reason I have a vast knowledge of photography terms.
My professional methodology for a standard translation project is
1. Accurate reading. I carefully read the whole text.
2. Terminology research. I want to make sure I accurately translate each term.
3. Proofreading. I proofread the target text in order to spot any spelling or punctuation mistakes, and typos.
1. Translation of a transcript. I prefer subtitling films and videos if I’m given a transcript of the original dialogues, this way I’m sure I don’t misunderstand anything.
2. Accurate subtitle spotting. I pay attention not only to character count, reading speed, duration, but also to the in-time and out-time of each subtitle.
3. Proofreading I proofread each subtitle in order to spot any spelling or punctuation mistakes, and typos.
I’ve worked with Federica for the past 3 editions of MalatestaShort Film Festival. She is an exceptional subtitler who always delivers high quality work. I’m very happy to have her in our team!
|Language||Subtitles||Arts & Culture||Tourism & Living|
|ENGLISH > ITALIAN (IT)||€0.10per word||€0.10per word||€0.10per word|
|SPANISH > ITALIAN (IT)||€0.10per word||€0.10per word||€0.10per word|