Hallo! Bonjour ! What’s up? I’m Eva, a German USER-CENTRIC LOCALIZATION SPECIALIST living in France. I truly believe that speaking a country’s language will bring you closer to its people — and research backs this up.
In 2014, American research firm CSA Research found that 55% of consumers worldwide prefer to shop exclusively in their native language (France: 61%, Germany: 58%).
But that’s not all. The user experience needs to be culturally relevant for your audience too. (You don’t want to be the next Walmart in Germany, right? #GoogleIt).
HERE’S WHERE I, AS A FREELANCE LOCALIZATION SPECIALIST, COME IN.
My mission is to help international start-ups manage their localization projects so they can really connect with their users.
I can be your LOCALIZATION SPECIALIST:
- Translating e-commerce or SaaS websites, apps, software, and (digital) marketing material into German
- Adapting the content to the German culture when needed
I can TRANSCREATE INTO GERMAN:
- Creative translations for “things that are hard to translate”
- Perfect for slogans, headlines or taglines and brands that use a lot of word plays and puns
My specializations are:
- UX & Tech
EXTENSIVE INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE: Since day 1, I had a passion for different cultures, I’ve been an expat since 2014, and I speak three and a half languages fluently (German, French, English and Spanish).
UX RESEARCH BACKGROUND: I use user research tools and methods to understand my target market.
COPYWRITING SKILLS: I enjoy playing with words to find a translation that not only conveys the original meaning, but actually sounds like it was originally written in German.
You’re my ideal client if you:
- are a SaaS or e-commerce start-up (ideally with strong brand voice guidelines and a conversational tone of voice)
- have a friendly yet professional work culture
- are open to freelancers and remote working
|Language||Business||Marketing & Advertising||Software & App|
|ENGLISH > GERMAN (DE)||€0.20per word||€0.20per word||€0.20per word|
|FRENCH > GERMAN (DE)||€0.20per word||€0.20per word||€0.20per word|