I specialize in medical and education translation
I have over five years of experience in translation in the medical and education fields, completed by formal education. I am passionate, talented and reliable.
Content I translate
- Math and social science curriculum for grades 1-6 students in French immersion schools (more than a million words)
- IEPs (Individualized education programs), including psychological, behavioral, academic, speech therapy and occupational therapy assessments
- Report cards for general and special education
Letters to parents announcing updates, events, disciplinary actions
- Clinical studies, including protocols and patient guides
- Books for the general public
- Marketing materials for hospital waste management solution
This is how I manage terminology consistency in my area of expertise
At the beginning of a project, I conduct extensive research and I create a corpus of English and French parallel documents, from which I extract terms using the software Antconc. I create a project-specific term base using SDL Multiterm.
I check the terms I extracted on official sources (WHO, government agencies, industry associations…) to ensure their accuracy and I update the term base accordingly.
I run a QA with XBench to ensure that the terminology is correct and cohesive.
|Language||Medical & Pharma||Social Sciences|
|ENGLISH > FRENCH (FR)||€0.10per word||€0.10per word|