Hi, I’m Emilie, a native French linguist with over 11 years’ experience in translation and localization.
After 2 years as a Lead Linguist in a translation agency and 6.5 years as an in-house Localization Specialist for a British video game studio, I started my freelance journey in 2020 and am currently French Language Manager for the major language learning app Duolingo, among other things!
My areas of expertise
Over the years, I’ve specialized in:
- Marketing & PR
- Nutrition & living
- Mobile app & Video game localization
- International development & NGOs
If you have a project in mind, feel free to contact me – I’d love to hear from you!
This is how I would describe my work style
- I only translate into French, my mother tongue, to deliver A+ quality content.
- For me, localization is all about communication: I like to keep my clients in the loop so they are aware of the progress that is made on projects. I always encourage open and honest communication, and ask as many questions as needed to make sure every project is localized to the best standard.
- Glossary management is my best friend. Whenever I start working with a new client or project, I build a dedicated termbase to ensure quality and consistency.
I’ve been working with Emilie for a year now and I can definitely say that she is one of the best team members! Her translation is always neat, clear and creative (when it’s necessary). Very highly skilled professional with extremely responsible and friendly attitude!
|Language||Marketing & Advertising||Video Games||Tourism & Living|
|ENGLISH > FRENCH (FR)||€0.15per word||€0.14per word||€0.14per word|