Do my services cater to you and your business?
- Are you a game developer, either running a solo business or working in a team, looking to expand your player base?
- Are you on the lookout for a specialized, informed professional, with experience as a game translator AND gamer?
- Are you interested in bringing your title to Italian gamers?
If you have answered “Yes!” to all those questions, keep reading to learn how we can achieve outstanding results together!
Who I am
My name is Elia. I am an independent game localization specialist, with more than 4 years of experience in this craft. I translate from English into Italian, my native language.
My professional experience
Since 2018, I have been working on a number of titles that vary deeply from each other.
A few examples?
- A fast-paced, action-adventure game featuring lots of dynamic battles.
- A co-op, cross-platform game chock full of puns, wordplays, riddles, and rhymes.
- A casual, simulation mobile game with a heavy focus on marine biology.
- A highly anticipated survival horror game, featuring brutal, visceral gameplay.
- Linguistic Quality Assurance
If you are interested in working with me, you now have a few options:
Skim through the carousel below!
Here you will find more information about me and how I work (e.g. how I keep myself up to date with the industry, my typical workflow, etc.)
Reach out and tell me about your video game. I will be glad to discuss how we can make it appealing to Italian gamers.
- In the top-left corner, you can find my social links. Drop me a message there!
- In the top-right corner, you can write to me directly through Zingword!
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
My professional methodology for a standard translation project is
- I read through the document and complete a first assessment of the target audience and of the proper style to use.
- I ask my client for any resources available, like glossaries, translation memories, and style guides, and implement them accordingly.
- I perform the translation in my preferred CAT tool, memoQ, and refer to the aforementioned resources accurately.
- Where necessary, I conduct extensive research to clear any doubts I may have; I do not hesitate to get in touch with my client and ask questions if the Internet can’t help me.
- I run a thorough QA check, make changes where needed, and add comments where I feel like I need to justify my translation and style choices.
- After the delivery, I make myself available to review and finalize the translation, in case my client makes use of a second translator to proofread my work.
This is how I continue my learning in my area of expertise
I consider Continuing Professional Development (CPD) one of the main tasks for a translator. The industry is dynamic, languages constantly change and so do the industries I work in. It is crucial to expand and refine my subject knowledge to continuously offer top-notch services.
Because of that, I devote part of my working hours to expanding my knowledge and improving my professional skills. All this is achieved by:
- Taking courses.
- Attending conferences.
- Reading books.
- Learning new technologies.
- Participating in forums and social media discussions.
As a writer in my native language, this is how I would describe my style
My style is flexible and will depend on the copy that I translate. Each copy addresses a different target audience, which makes it impossible for me to have a fixed writing style. I will adapt it based on my client’s directive.
This is how I manage terminology consistency in my area of expertise
One of the strong points in my client-centric workflow revolves around my preferred CAT tool: memoQ. Through this tool and, consequently, through Translation Memories and Term Bases (glossaries), I can guarantee my clients terminology consistency for each of their projects.
My modus operandi for communicating with clients is
Communication is a key aspect of my client-centric workflow. It allows me to offer transparency at all stages, as well as to have all my doubts cleared when needed. All this results in a top-notch translation delivered to my clients.
If you decide to work with me, you can be sure I will:
- Promptly ask you if there are any resources I should implement in my CAT tool.
- Inform you of any difficulties I face in a timely manner.
- Regularly update you on the job progress status (for longer projects).
- Not hesitate to contact you should I have questions about parts of the project.
I refuse to work with clients who
- Force me to lower my rates.
- Don’t do their part in communicating efficiently.
- Assign me projects related to fields I am not specialized in.
|ENGLISH > ITALIAN (IT)||€0.08per word|