Native Polish Marketing Translator
I am Polish translator born and raised in Poland.
Since 3.5+ years I have translated/transcreated English and Spanish marketing content of well-known companies, including Amazon and 4Kraft Sp. z o.o. I have also translated information brochures for a Polish public institution.
Background in Translation and Interpreting
I have studied translation in depth. I hold an M.A. in Spanish Translation and Interpreting and studied a Postgraduate Diploma for Spanish Translators of Specialized Texts in Polish and Spanish.
I constantly attend translation events to be up-to-date with the state-of-the-art industry trends.
Content I translate
- product description and fiches
- information brochures
- social media content
- website content
More reasons to work with me
100% human translation
Reliability, accuracy, attention to detail
Constant Professional Development
Language certificates: FCE and DELE C1 (Superior)
What my clients say
“Dorota has demonstrated a lot of her strenghts, among others professional and reliable translation of marketing content, on-time delivery and a positive working atmosphere. We appreciate Dorota’s high-quality service, the fact that she delivers on time and is so involved in her work”.
“I have worked with Dorota several times. She is professional and always delivers on time. Her translation background reflects in the quality of her work. I highly recommend her as a translator”.
“Dorota is a reliable and trust-worthy person“.
“Dorota has a very good command of Spanish as well as Polish, her mother tongue. Her translations and summaries were at an appropriate content-related level.”
Let’s connect here and on LinkedIn where I talk about #translation, #marketing, and share useful content for fellow translators.
My modus operandi for communicating with clients is
Client’s satisfaction of my service is crucial to me.
- Before I start working on your content, we agree on all the project details (scope of work, time of delivery, the cost, guidelines that determine the style, tone of voice and terminology you expect me to use).
- I want the whole process to be 100% clear to you. On my website and LinkedIn profile you can get to know how I work. And if you have any additional questions, simply ask me.
- I know time is money. I contact you immediately if any doubts occur during the project or appear any circumstances (force majeure) that would delay the delivery.
- You can contact me by email or phone. This allows a quick communication.
This is how I manage terminology consistency in my area of expertise
I use glossaries of marketing terminology and SDL Trados Studio.
Glossaries make it easy for me to quickly find a term. The structure of my glossaries is: source language, target language, links to parallel documents that contain the term.
Sometimes a client sends me their glossaries, which is also helpful.
Trados is a CAT tool that most facilitates my work as a translator. Not only does it help me manage the terminology by creating termbases, but also saves all the translations I have done so far (translation memories). When I translate a document and a sentence I have previously translated appears, I can preview how I translated it in the past. That way I ensure the terminology consistency.
In addition, thanks to a CAT tool the document layout and formatting remain unchanged–the file you receive has exactly the same structure as the file you sent me.
My professional methodology for a standard translation project is
Communication is the key. The more I know about you and your business, the better I can adjust the service to your needs.
Any reference materials (documents, images, glossaries, etc.) and guidelines (instructions on a style, tone of voice and terminology you want me to use) are useful.
If it’s needed, I work in a CAT tool, Trados.
How I work, or project steps
- You send me the file(s). We agree on project details.
- I prepare the quote (cost and time of delivery of the service). The cost of a project depends on various factors like language pair, field, your preferred time of delivery.
- If you accept the quote, I proceed.
- I contact you immediately if any problems occur.
- When I’m done with the project, I issue an invoice and send it to you with the final files.
- In case of any questions I am at your disposal within 2 days after the delivery.
|Language||Marketing & Advertising||Subtitles||Tourism & Living|
|ENGLISH > POLISH (PL)||€0.12per word||€5.00per word||€0.12per word|
|SPANISH > POLISH (PL)||€0.12per word||€5.00per word||€0.12per word|