I respect words
I have experience of literary, educational and business translation. My approach combines a deep respect for the source text with an unwavering focus on the target language.
- Working to tight deadlines
- No compromise on quality
After four years of Translation Studies at the University of Cambridge, I graduated with a Double First in French, Spanish and Portuguese. I can work across media and cultures, providing thorough, effective and creative solutions to challenging translation problems.
Content I translate
Literary or literal, I can produce an accurate and innovative translation for your unique needs.
Recent projects I have completed include:
- French-language libretti for a forthcoming book on Bohuslav Martinů
- Spanish-language e-learning courses on business skills
- Spanish-language copy on child rights
- Portuguese-language poetry
What sets me apart
- Deep cultural knowledge and respect for the original text
- Adaptable style attuned to the end product you want
- No-fuss worker prepared to put in the hard yards
As a writer in my native language, this is how I would describe my style
My natural writing style is concise and sharp. I convey information clearly and pay close attention to the sound, style and overall impact of my words.
I can adapt this style for various purposes without compromising on clarity or quality.
- Poetic or pithy, verbose or sincere, my writing is always accurate and impactful.
- I will listen closely to your unique needs and produce content to match.
When clients request literal translations, this is how I handle the situation
Translators move meaning from one set of words to another. It goes without saying that a word-for-word translation is nonsensical.
- Deciding whether an image needs to be retained exactly or approximated for something more specific to the target language is part of the fun of translation.
- I produce translations that transport meaning accurately and creatively between languages.
- I will always respect specific images or ideas that you want to keep true to the original.
Daniel was here as an intern during months in which we had a lot of translation work, we were publishing 6 leaflets in all the EU Member States languages plus arabic, chinese mandarin and Russian about the rights of children at different stages of the juvenile justice system, to inform these children and their parents or legal guardians. Apart from translating those and other documents to English, Daniel became part of our team, a team that had to work together to verify by all means necessary that all the translators had done a good job with translating those leaflets and having the cohesion we were looking for them as a pack. I asked him to help in many different tasks that required an eye to detail, diligence, research, structure, etc. and he was outstandingly efficient and collaborative. As a company you can trust that the working relationship with him will be satisfactory and that he will deliver what has been asked of him. We are very grateful to him and remember him fondly.
We have a very good experience with Daniel. He translated the texts for us very quickly and precisely. We highly recommend him to other customers.
|Literary & Creative
|Arts & Culture
|Marketing & Advertising
|SPANISH > ENGLISH (GB)
|FRENCH > ENGLISH (GB)
|PORTUGUESE > ENGLISH (GB)
|ENGLISH > SPANISH (ES)
|ENGLISH > FRENCH (FR)