My Favourite Fields
As a younger translator, I have studied literary, medical and legal translation during my Master’s degree, and dipped my toes into tourism and physics as well. I am, however, more comfortable working on these subjects (and have been doing so for the past year):
- Advertising & marketing
- Audiovisual translation
- Cooking (food, dairy, culinary, tools, anything!)
- Literary translation
- I used to help subtitle movies and series for free on Addic7ed when I was a teenager (and I still do during my free time).
- I have a Master’s Degree in multidisciplinary translation.
- I was an intern for the BIFFF, a film festival for which I subtitled a dozen movies.
- I have been working as a freelancer for over a year now.
Why Should You Hire Me?
- I am detail-oriented, meticulous and curious, and I will not hesitate to ask questions if something is unclear in order to deliver the best translation I can offer.
- I will never accept a projet unless I am 100% certain that I can deliver a high-quality translation within the deadline.
- I have a flexible schedule! Working from home means that I can make myself available in the evening, during the weekends and even on holidays. So unless I am sleeping… there is a high chance I am available to work with you.
This is what motivates me to do my best work
Working on themes that I enjoy or that interest me, with clients who I can communicate with.
My professional methodology for a standard translation project is
- Fully reading the materiel I receive before accepting the project.
- Highlighting the parts that might necessitate some background research beforehand.
- Working on the translation using the tools needed (dictionaries, softwares etc.).
- Revising the translation with the original document beside it to verify the accuracy/if anything is missing.
- Re-reading the translation without the original document to verify its fluidity and style.
- Using Word, then Antidote to spell-check everything and make sure that the final product has no errors in it.
- One last read before sending the project back to you!
I refuse to work with clients who
will not communicate properly. For example, if I am asking a question, I would like to receive a clear answer instead of something that is completely off topic. I also refuse clients who are impatient and expect heavy work to be done in an hour or so. Good translations take time.
This is how I continue my learning in my area of expertise
I read a lot on the subjects that interest me. I also watch documentaries when relevant, and my focus for 2023 would be to participate in workshops and follow a few formations to specialise myself.
These are the pressures I enjoy and do not enjoy in my work
- Clear deadlines.
- Clear expectations from the start.
- Good communication.
I don’t enjoy…
- Being constantly asked how I’m progressing.
- Having deadlines shortened to the point where they’re impossible to meet.
Je n’ai eu que de super expériences avec Calliope, qui fournit un travail de traduction impeccable et rapide, parfois même dans des délais un peu urgents qui ne lui laissent pas beaucoup de temps ! Je la remercie pour son travail et sa minutie et je la recommande à 100%.
Calliope est très sérieuse et appliquée dans son travail. La traduction était parfaite, je n’hésiterai pas à la recontacter pour d’autres traductions. Je recommande vivement!!
|Language||Arts & Culture||Subtitles||Tourism & Living|
|ENGLISH > FRENCH (FR)||€0.10per word||€0.10per word||€0.10per word|
|ENGLISH > FRENCH (BE)||€0.10per word||€0.10per word||€0.10per word|
|DUTCH > FRENCH (FR)||€0.12per word||€0.12per word||€0.12per word|
|DUTCH > FRENCH (BE)||€0.12per word||€0.12per word||€0.12per word|
|FRENCH > ENGLISH (GB)||€0.12per word||€0.12per word||€0.12per word|