Hello! Ι’m a translator working from French, Greek and Spanish into English. My fields of specialisation are medicine and healthcare products.
Bonjour ! Je suis un traducteur indépendant travaillant du français, du grec et de l’espagnol vers l’anglais. Mes domaines de spécialisation sont la médecine et les produits thérapeutiques.
¡Hola! Soy traductor y trabajo traduciendo al inglés textos escritos en francés, griego y español. Me especializo en textos de medicina y sobre productos sanitarios.
Γειά σας! Είμαι μεταφραστής και μεταφράζω από τα Γαλλικά, τα Ελληνικά και τα Ισπανικά προς τα Αγγλικά. Εξειδικεύομαι στα ιατρικά προϊόντα και στα προϊόντα υγειονομικής περίθαλψης.
I’ve been providing translation services since 2006.
In addition to translation, I also provide other services such as:
- editing/revision of documents that have already been written or translated,
- DTP/layout work,
- abstracting of scientific articles, subtitling, copy writing, etc.
Layout and translation in InDesign
My work experience includes a 3-year stint at a medical publishing company where I used Quark XPress (the InDesign of the late 1990s) on a daily basis.
Today, as a subscriber to Adobe InDesign CC:
- I can do layout work such as designing scientific posters, which are far more likely to capture people’s attention and be remembered when they are created using the best tools in the market rather than the most readily available tools (PowerPoint, Keynote).
- I can translate marketing materials, magazines, catalogues, newsletters, etc, directly in InDesign files (indd/idml) for a smoother, less error-prone workflow.
My work experience includes the following positions:
- writer and editor for an Internet portal on rare diseases,
- writer and translator for a consultancy to the pharmaceutical industry,
- editorial coordinator for a publishing company,
- journalist at a vendor of intelligence services for the pharmaceutical industry.
This is how I would describe my work style
More than a service provider, I’d like to be seen as a partner helping businesspeople and individuals meet their goals ― whether that goal be helping you get a new job, conveying clinical trial data to your international colleagues, reaching a wider audience for your scientific documents or getting more online bookings for your hotel, to give a few examples.
MY 5 PLEDGES
I will only accept your project if I am comfortable with the subject area.
If I accept your project, I will do the work. (I will not outsource it.)
I will respect your deadline.
I will ask questions wherever the meaning of the source text is not clear to me.
I will respect the confidentiality of documents you entrust to me.
My modus operandi for communicating with clients is
The following is a list of some questions I typically ask about potential and ongoing projects. Please give consideration to each one - any answers you provide will help to make the entire translation process smoother for everyone involved.
Q: What is the format of the files to be translated? Examples: Word, SDLXLIFF, ‘true’ PDF, scanned PDF, image files, PowerPoint file, Excel file, InDesign file, …
Q: In what format do you want the translated files?
Q: Is a CAT tool required? If yes, which one?
Q: Does formatting need to be reproduced? If yes, to what extent?
Q: To whom / how should the translated file be returned?
Q: To whom should I address any queries about the translation?
Q: Is it OK if queries are sent with the translation or should they be sent as they arise?
|Language||Medical & Pharma||Tourism & Living|
|FRENCH > ENGLISH (GB)||€0.13per word||€0.13per word|
|GREEK > ENGLISH (GB)||€0.13per word||€0.13per word|
|SPANISH > ENGLISH (GB)||€0.13per word||€0.13per word|