I’m a communicator who helps healthcare professionals and patients bridge communication and language barriers.
Based in Salt Lake City (USA), I provide the following services:
• Translation – General and Medical Documents
• Interpreting – Doctor Appointments
• Localization – European Spanish, US Spanish, and Central Catalan
• Writing – General and Medical Documents
• English → Spanish/Catalan (preferred pairs)
• Spanish/Catalan → English (select projects)
Starting in 2004, I worked in customer care for banks and IT companies in Barcelona—my city of origin. That allowed me to take on financial and marketing translation projects for 10+ years.
Upon graduating with a licentiate in Translation and Interpreting in 2010, I started working independently with individuals and businesses with Catalan- and Spanish-speaking audiences.
By 2016, I relocated to the US and began focusing on medical translation. Imaging (e.g., radiographs, CT scans, MRIs, ultrasounds, PET scans) is my favorite medical specialization.
My projects generally consist of:
• Clinical Records and Medical Opinions
• Educational and Marketing Materials
• Legal and Financial Agreements
• Patient Forms, Instructions, and Questionnaires
In 2017, I became certified by the American Translators Association (ATA) as an English into Spanish translator.
Additionally, I’ve been working as an interpreter in healthcare settings for Hispanic patients with limited English proficiency since 2018.
Using my services means hiring a reliable professional with excellent credentials, such as:
• Almost twenty years of experience
• A licentiate in Translation and Interpreting
• The ATA certification (English-Spanish)
• Continuing medical education
Feel free to send me a message!
This is how I continue my learning in my area of expertise
Being a professional in a specific field doesn’t necessarily confer good communication skills.
Among the many things needed to communicate well, one must be sensitive enough to linguistic and cultural issues overall.
That’s why linguists with appropriate medical knowledge can perform well as medical translators or as medical writers.
As a linguist specializing in medicine, a combination of continuing education and practice helps me meet my clients’ demands at all times.
Unlike a healthcare professional, I don’t need to have the skill to perform what I’m translating or writing about. I only need to understand it.
I accomplish that by attending events and taking courses about healthcare and medicine.
Therefore, if trained appropriately, both medical professionals and medically knowledgeable linguists can write/translate medical texts!
|Language||Medical & Pharma||Sciences||Business|
|ENGLISH > SPANISH (US)||€0.2per word||€0.2per word||€0.2per word|
|ENGLISH > CATALAN (ES)||€0.2per word||€0.2per word||€0.2per word|